If you can't tell, I've been on a Parmesan Cheese kick lately..I can't help it, I'm a HUGE cheese fan and being on a diet, it isn't easy giving it up. I've noticed that when I use the parmesan cheese, a little goes a long way. I just need to be able to taste it!!
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (fat free)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (to cut down on the oil, you could probably get away with using the olive oil cooking spray)
Preheat oven to 450° F. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
NUTRITION Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Source: Eating Well