|A gourmet low fat entree good for any occasion.|
• 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (1/2 of a 10 ounce package)
• 1 scallion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 slices Canadian bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
• 4 thin chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds)
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• Cooking Oil Spray
• 1 tablespoon low saturated fat margarine
In a bowl, combine the spinach, scallion and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the Canadian bacon over moderately high heat until lightly browned. Transfer the Canadian bacon strips to the bowl. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Spread the spinach on the cutlets, fold in half and press to close. Heat the skillet with the olive oil cooking spray until hot. Add the chicken and cook over high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 6 minutes; transfer to a platter and keep warm. Add the vinegar to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds.
Remove from heat, swirl in the margarine until melted. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve while warm.
Servings: 4 Per Serving: 243 Calories; 5g Fat (18.1% calories from fat); 2g Saturated Fat;45g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 430mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.