I was in the mood for Chinese food tonight and I'm too cheap to order out, besides there are no good Chinese restaurants around here anyway, so I searched the freezer and the cupboards and whipped this concoction up and it was goooood!!
- 1-12oz bag of medium pre-cooked already peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 1- 16oz bag of bay scallops
- 1-12oz bag of the Green Giant Sugar Snap Peas Steamers, (frozen)
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- 1 can of bean sprouts
- 2 cups instant rice (cooked)
- package of dry lo mein noodles
- egg rolls optional - I can't eat Chinese with out egg rolls! I just used the frozen kind - lazy tonight!
- 1 bottle of Lawry's Teryaki marinade
- 1- 2 lb bag of Shrimp Lo Mein Complete Skillet Meal (comes with a little sauce packet too!)
- can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 can of baby corn on the cob
Note..I threw away the shrimp that came with the skillet meal cuz they were brown and disgusting looking so I just used the bag of shrimp that I already had. MUCH better looking, nice and pink!
I used a dutch over to put it all together because this does make quite a bit, probably enough for 6-8 servings. But anyway, put a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in the pan and saute the shrimp and the scallops for about 5-7 min until the shrimp are pink. ( you can add garlic while it's sauteing too!) Then add the bag of the skillet meal. Cover and cook for about 7 min. stirring once or twice.
While your stuff is cooking, throw the bag os the steam fresh peas in the micro according to the package instructions. When the peas are done, throw them into the pot too!
Add the sauce that came with the package and about half of the teryaki marinade, stir it all up and serve the veggies and shrimp on a bed of rice and badda-bing-badda-boom....you have a fantastic Chinese meal -CHEAP!!