I love chicken, and as you all know I LOVE my slow cooker...put the two together and it's heaven!!
- 12 chicken thighs (about 4 pounds), skinned
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives (or just plain ole black olives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the thighs to the pan;and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Throw your chicken in a slow cooker. (please..don't really throw your chicken) Add garlic to pan, and saute 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add wine, and de-glaze your pan ; cook 30 seconds. Place wine mixture in cooker, then add the tomato paste, crushed red pepper, and the tomatoes. Slap the cover on and cook on HIGH 4 hours. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, olives, and parsley.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and about 1/3 cup sauce)
Nutritional Information Amount per serving Calories: 270 Fat: 12.9g Saturated fat: 3.3g Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g Protein: 29.1g Carbohydrate: 8.7g Fiber: 2.2g Cholesterol: 99mg Iron: 2.4mg Sodium: 658mg Calcium: 44mg
adapted from My Recipes