These Yummy Chicken and Bean wraps are very easy to make and they are fabulous! Make a double batch of the bean salsa so you can have another wrap tomorrow for lunch! Or try putting this Black Bean Salad mix wrapped up in the tortilla for a whole different kind of wrap!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- ½ ripe mango, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cob corn, roasted, or ½ cup canned corn
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
To assemble, you'll need:
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas or wraps
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, diced or shredded*
- 4-5 cups baby spinach leaves
To make the black bean salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to mingle.
Briefly microwave the tortillas or wraps to warm them and make them malleable. Place a tortilla on a work surface and spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole on top. Add ¼ cup of the cooked chicken to the bottom third of the tortilla. Top with 3 tablespoons of the black bean salsa and a handful of baby spinach leaves.
Roll the bottom edge up and over the fillings, fold the sides inward, and roll tightly the rest of the way, burrito-style. Place on a cutting board and slice diagonally. Serve with additional guacamole, sour cream, etc.
*To roast the chicken breasts, preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the chicken breasts on the foil, and season with salt and pepper. Fold the foil over the chicken breasts to make a “packet”. Roast 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Yield: 6 servings
Source: Annie's Eats