This recipe is a healthy makeover of egg salad. Traditionally, it has lots of mayonnaise and is high in fat and calories. I've substituted Greek yogurt for most of the mayo; and honestly, I like the taste better.
This recipe has all of the protein and nutrition of eggs combined with high protein, low fat yogurt. It's hard to believe something this creamy is really good for you. Fresh dill gives it great flavor, too. I let the food processor do the work in this recipe, so it's super fast and easy to make.
- 8 large eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (may substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh plump tomato
Cut each egg in half and place in food processor bowl. Pulse 10-12 times until eggs are broken up into small pieces, being careful not to overdo it and puree the eggs. (Or, chop the eggs with a knife.)
In a separate large bowl, use a fork to whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped eggs and mix lightly with the fork until well combined. (3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 1/3 cup serving.)
- As a sandwich... Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad inside a split roll or croissant; or use sandwich bread. Add lettuce or other greens to the sandwich, if desired.
- As a pita. Insert lettuce or other greens inside pita. Fill with 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad.
- As a salad alone. Add a 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad to top of a bed of lettuce or other greens.
- In a tomato flower. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad inside a tomato that has been cut into a flower. (to learn how to cut the tomato flower go here)
Source: The Yummy Life