Fresh Cucumber Salad


Homemade Cucumber Salad is one of my favorite summer favorites, but I've been having a hankering for them so I think I might put these in my recipe rotation for sometime this week!! Can't Wait! Thanks Cathy!


Ingredients: 

  • 7-cups unpeeled pickling cucumbers sliced thin (about 7 large dills) 
  • 1-cup sliced onions 
  • 1-cup sliced green peppers 
  • 1-tbsp salt 
  • 1-cup white vinegar 
  • 2-cups sugar 
  • 1-tsp celery seed 
  • 1-tsp mustard seed 
  • Red Pepper (optional) 
Directions: 
Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set a side Put vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil Remove from heat and let cool for one hour Pour mixture over cucumbers Put in jars and store in refrigerator.  It will keep up to 2 months Makes 2 quart jars.

Source: Cathy Illenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...