- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons no salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into (2-inch) strips
- 1 tablespoon butter or (I Can't Believe it's Not Butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 8 cups cooked medium egg noodles (about 7 cups uncooked pasta)
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat beef with flour mixture.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add beef and flour mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until beef is browned. Gradually add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add mushrooms; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream mixture. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute or until heated (do not boil). Stir in parsley, if desired. Serve over the egg noodles.
Nutritional Information Amount per serving Calories: 473 Calories from fat: 30% Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 7g Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g Protein: 30.2g Carbohydrate: 50.6g Fiber: 2.6g Cholesterol: 129mg Iron: 5.7mg Sodium: 417mg Calcium: 81mg
Adapted from: Cooking Light