Using Spaghetti Squash is a great alternative to using Pasta and / or potatoes. Especially if you are on a low carb diet, which most of us are. Its so flavorful and hearty, you don't feel like your "missing out" on all the other goodies that we can't have.
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds), halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts (1 ounce), toasted and coarsley chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush cut sides of squash with oil, and sprinkle with sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Place squash, cut sides down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly on sheet on a wire rack, about 10 minutes. Scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands. Place in a large bowl. Add oil, Parmesan, parsley, cilantro, hazelnuts, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Toss, and serve immediately.
Source: Martha Stewart