If you like to show off your knife skills or like to use your handy dandy food processor, this is the recipe for you! With all these flavor combinations, it's like having a Mexican Fiesta in your mouth!! This goes great with Healthy Homeade Baked Tortilla Chips!
- 2 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked, cooled and kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (you’ll need one medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar or Stevia (sugar substitute)
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
Combine all ingredients except avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a few sprigs of freshly chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Once Upon a Chef