This low fat pasta dish is wonderful with a green side salad.
• 18 jumbo pasta shells
• 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese
• 3/4 cup skim milk
• 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers drained, chopped or one 4-ounce jar diced pimiento,
drained (no oil pack)
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
• 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
• 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain well. In a heavy small saucepan stir light cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk over medium-low heat until smooth. Stir in remaining milk. Stir in sweet peppers or pimiento and Parmesan cheese; heat through. In a large bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce (place remaining sauce aside), the chicken, broccoli, onion, and black pepper.
Using a small spoon, stuff shells with 2 to 3 tablespoons filling. Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
To serve, cook and stir remaining sauce over low heat until heated through. Put 3 shells on each serving plate. Spoon sauce over shells. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs. Servings: 6
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 341 Calories, 9g Fat (24.4% calories from fat), 5g Saturated Fat, 30g Protein, 34g Carbohydrate, 3g Dietary Fiber, 9mg Cholesterol 325mg Sodium, Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Source: Let's Do Lunch
Photo: Courtesy of Blog Chef