This sweet treat has plenty of protein and fiber
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 - 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups raspberry juice or raspberry juice blend
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (optional)
To make these yummy frozen delights:
1. Combine peanut butter, yogurt, milk, 2 tablespoons honey, and vanilla in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Pour peanut-butter mixture into eight 6- to 7-ounce paper cups or pop molds until they're one-third full. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Cover and chill remaining peanut-butter mixture until needed.
3. Stir together raspberries and juice, divide among the cups or molds, and insert sticks. Cover and freeze for an hour. Then fill with remaining peanut-butter mixture and freeze for at least 8 hours, or until firm.
4. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before unmolding. If you want, spoon honey around the rims and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from Parents Magazine Online Photo by Emily Brooke Sandor.