Your kids will love this fruity combination of tomatoes, cantaloupe, apples, and a hint of lime. If you want to tone down the heat, use just one seeded jalapeno or none at all. Packed with lycopene from the tomato, vitamins A and C from the melon, and fiber from the apple, this healthy and delicious snack is a big winner.
- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, and very coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, cut up
- 1/4 small cantaloupe, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1 Gravenstein or pink lady apple, cored and cut up
- 1/2 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and cut up*
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Tortilla chips or orange or red sweet pepper wedges
Careful not to touch your eyes after eating this! Hot peppers in the eyeballs doesn't feel very good!!