Fill your wrappers with pizza toppings, bake, and chew -- you'll never go back to those frozen things from Totino's...
- 1/3 cup light or low-fat ricotta cheese
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni (Hormel's is the best!), chopped
- 3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
- 12 small square wonton wrappers
- 12 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning
One at a time, fold the bottom left corner of each wrapper to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal. Repeat with all remaining wrappers and filling, gently and evenly placing each "popper" flat on the baking sheet. Spritz the top of each popper with a spray of butter spray. Evenly sprinkle with Parm-style topping and garlic powder. Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir well. Microwave for 1 minute, or until hot. Give seasoned tomatoes a stir and serve with poppers for dipping. YUM! MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Nutritional Info: PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 3 poppers): 135 calories, 3.5g fat, 496mg sodium, 16.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3
Source: Hungry Girl