Pasta salad is one of my favorite summertime meals. The versatility is never ending so it's always new, but always easy. Add a loaf of crusty bread and fresh lemonade or iced tea and you have a terrific beat-the-heat dinner. Making pasta salad is so simple and this formula will help you on your way to being a pasta salad expert.
- 8 oz. uncooked macaroni pasta
- 2 cups Ranch dressing* (I use fat-free or reduced fat - depending on price)
- bacon bits for garnish (I use turkey bacon - less fat)
- macaroni pasta (you can substitute whole wheat pasta too)
- cubed turkey breast
- cubed cheddar cheese (low fat or fat free)
- peas ( I use thawed frozen peas cuz the canned ones are mushy - ewee)
- shredded carrot
*Ingredient Tips.... There are some salads that need a bit more or less dressing, but if you do it often enough, you can get a good idea what is needed beforehand. This recipe is ready in about an hour and 15 minutes and makes about 8 servings so if you're having a party, double or triple it!! It won't stay in the bowl long!