So, I was cruising the completely addicting site Pinterest and came across these mouthwatering Mediterranean Cucumber Cups and I could NOT resist putting these on my blog to share with you! These would be a fantastic appetizer for your casual summer BBQ's or your fancy schmancy parties!! While these are filled with a Mediterranean mix, the combinations are endless. You could try some Hummus, Crab Salad, Potato Salad, Chicken Salad, a Roasted Red Pepper of some Spinach Dip!! yummmmm Now I want to go and make them right now!
Here is what you need to make these scrumptious snacks!
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/8 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1/2 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
Peel the cucumbers partially, leaving thin strips of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1-inch thick slices. (a little trick my mom taught me, was when you cut the ends off of the cucumber, to rub the cut off end with the end of the cucumber together till they get a little "frothy", that takes away the bitterness of your cucumber)
Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of flesh. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups. Garnish with additional parsley and feta, if desired. Yields: About 15 Cucumber Cups
Picture by Jen