Chili sauce and sesame oil add lively flavor to this easy stir-fry dish. It's a perfect solution for nights when there's no time to cook.Ingredients:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Better'n Eggs®
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 lb. small cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed; thawed if frozen (SEE TIPS)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium (lite) soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai-style chili sauce (SEE TIPS)
Heat sesame oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add red pepper, mushrooms and green onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender (3 to 5 minutes). Add shrimp and cooked white rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp and rice are heated through.
Stir together soy sauce and chili sauce. Pour into rice mixture. Add egg strips. Cook, stirring gently, until heated. Time-To-Table: 30 minutes Serves 4
- Use cocktail or 61-70 count shrimp.
- Chili sauce with garlic can be found in the Oriental food section of your grocery store.
- Leftover cooked white rice can easily be used for fried rice. Just skip making fresh rice in step 1 and add 2 to 3 cups chilled cooked white rice along with the shrimp in step 3.