This Veggie lasagna is VERY, VERY, VERY good!! I was skeptical at first because I really like my meaty lasagna, but with the mushrooms and the veggies, I didn't even miss the meat! This is a super hearty version that I will definitely make again and again! If you add some spinach to the ricotta cheese, it makes it even better!
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (can use whole wheat)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (portabello's would be fantastic too)
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serves 12
Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 462 | Total Fat: 19.5g | Cholesterol: 81mg